MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Someone today is going to be MGoBlog's millionth hit unless a statistical improbability strikes. I cannot be there in person for said millionth hit because I am attending a wedding (fear not, ladies, it is not that of MGoBlog; shrine destruction is not advised). To that person: congratulations! Thanks.

To all other visitors: plain old thanks. The reason words keep appearing in this space is because people continue reading them. I've never subscribed to the rock-band "f the consumers" approach: the reason I do this is because people seem to like it. Everyone who has stopped by and decided it was worth returning: thanks. Those who have left comments or sent emails: double thanks. For those fans of opposing teams who have weathered snarky, unfavorable projections in stride: triple thanks. This enterprise has been more rewarding than I could have ever guessed.

Changes are a comin' to this space but they're made in the hope that this thing can become something of a profession. Perhaps this is a foolish goal but damn if it doesn't sound romantic, at least to me. We -- and I do mean "we" -- are going to give this a go. As anyone who saw "Michigan" placed in the tossup category of the OSU preview knows, I'm something of a romantic and I hope that this is but the beginning.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning. Go Blue.

0 Comments: