MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Monday, September 11, 2006

RankTeamDeltaSnark
1 Ohio State 5 Sigh.
2 Southern Cal -- DNP.
3 Auburn 1
4 Notre Dame 3 Am pretty sure that Penn State is awful and that without a bevy of marginally forced errors would have been competitive but... yeah. Sigh.
5 Louisiana State 3
6 Florida 6 I dunno. You find a team to put here.
7 Iowa 2 Game against Syracuse close because backup quarterback threw 4 interceptions. Tate's return should solve issues.
8 Michigan 1 My top ten ended at #7.
9 Texas 6 Thanks, Longhorns, for not going all USC on us.
10 Nebraska --
11 Louisville --
12 West Virginia 1
13 Oklahoma 4
14 Oregon 6
15 Tennessee 14 Holy bipolar, batman!
16 Virginia Tech 3 Voters getting all riled thinking about VaTech should note their 224 yards against UNC and be wary.
17 UCLA 9 Hi! You haven't done anything like almost lose to Troy.
18 Florida State 4 You did.
19 Miami (Florida) 3 Damned by association.
20 Boston College 6
21 Cal --
22 Georgia 7 Eh... shutout of South Carolina and displacement of JTIII with mewling babe Stafford evidently has me nonplussed. Remember: no looky week-to-week.
23 Boise State 3
24 Pittsburgh --
25 TCU 1

Dropped Out: Clemson (#18), Penn State (#22), Fresno State (#23), Georgia Tech (#25).

Games Watched: Michigan-Central, ND-PSU, FSU-Oregon, Minnesota-Cal, Texas-OSU, and bits of EMU-MSU. Oh, and the first couple drives of Ball State-Indiana. Because the only other game on was Penn State 3, Notre Dame 800. Stop looking at me like that: they're both future opponents(!).

Ballot Notes:
  • I don't think there's anything wildly controversial this week. I will say that I don't get voters who had VaTech way down low and then shot them up the poll this week.

    Rather, I do get it on one level ("aah aah aah I've reached number eight PANIC"), as FSU's victory over the Troy Trojans of Troy (We're From Troy) was as uninspiring as they come and VaTech now looks like something resembling the ACC front-runner, but I don't think they've done anything to warrant massive leaps up the poll.
  • If you've got FSU in your top ten... uh... okay. You are a silly.
  • Georgia fans will probably be unimpressed with me this week, but I am wary of their passing game after uninspiring performances in the first couple games. SEC meatgrinder will grind. Willing to listen.

0 Comments: