MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Miles: "There was misinformation on ESPN and I think it's imperative that I straighten it out. I'm the head coach at LSU, I will be the head coach at LSU, I have no interest in talking to anyone else. I have a championship game to play and I'm excited about the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play in it. And that's really all I'd like to say. It's unfortunate I had to address my team with this information this morning. With that being done, I think we'll be ready to play. There will be no questions for me; I represent me in this issue, please ask me after. I'm busy. Thank you very much, and have a great day."

Guy to LSU Chancellor: "Are you going to stay and answer questions?"

LSU Chancellor: "What he said."

End.

Update: Okay, this is completely f-ing crazy, but Miles 1) didn't say he had turned the job down, 2) didn't say anything about next year and 3) hasn't signed this extension. Hell, supposedly no one has even officially contacted him.

This might not be over; the PC was clearly a FU ESPN, I have kids to think about thing.

As I said, f-ing crazy. But...

Update II: Dammit, ESPN's pushing this "it's not over!" thing on ESPN News, so it's probably wrong.

Update III: Holy crap. ESPN News: "Miles said there was misinformation ESPN; he could have just been talking about the Tenuta as DC thing." Someone get that man gold-plated kneepads!

Update IV: Video from Quo Vadiumus:

0 Comments: