MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Wit and Wisdom of Weis returns. Head to 50 seconds in this video:



A transcript, since it's a little hard to make out: "I think the first opportunity they're going to have to really make a statement is that day [Sept. 6 against SDSU], and then we'll listen to Michigan have all their excuses as they come runnin' in and sayin' how they have a new coaching staff and there's changes. To hell with Michigan." Then someone's cellphone rings and Weis makes some goober remark about using all the minutes and just looks so incredibly pleased with himself and if there was a just and loving God at that moment a mountain goat would come bounding into the frame and headbutt him to the ground, whereupon he would flail his legs like an upturned beetle and emit a horrifying bovine howl.*

Weis has issued a fatwa against excuses. Check this Dan Wetzel piece:

"But I’m not an excuse guy."
But wait! There's more!
“What I never want to do is make an excuse for how things go,” he said.
After the first Michigan beatdown:
I’m reluctant to even say this because it almost sounds like making excuses for the first game.
The title of Weis' book? "No Excuses."

It's almost as if he thinks he can't be blamed for being the Worst Coach in the Universe as long as he doesn't have an excuse (read: "reason") for his performance. Imagine if Jeffery Dahmer had taken this tack: "look, I know the easiest thing to do is assume I'm crazy since I do crazy things like chop people up and put them in my freezer and then, like, pan-fry them with a nice roasted garlic butter. But I'm not an excuse guy. My performance as a human being has been unacceptable, and I'm not going to say it's because my parents abused me when I was a child, because that sounds like excuse making. As mentioned, I have no excuses, so you should totally let me go."

But, yeah, he totally could have turned Notre Dame around by now if he was allowed to recruit the same thugs Navy and Air Force do.

*("mmmereeeeaaaaoiooooooommmmmmmeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrroooooooo")

0 Comments: