Last year, MGoBlog had a highly successful contest to create a new banner for the site. Unfortunately, Baxter Allen's winning banner...
... lasted all of three hours into the season before You Know What. It was replaced with
- the happy kitten forever blog,
- crying girl banner for Emo Week,
- That emu for Emu Week,
- the "It's Morning In America" banner that spurred a serious discussion in the comments about whether or not it was totally offensive to even have to gaze upon the visage of Ronald Reagan,
- the banner by Fred Simmons you see above,
hastily pressed into service after a cadre of superstition experts concluded that a restoration to normal service simply could not be risked.
So: dust off your photoshop and whip up something killer. Mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "banner"; in about two weeks I'll collect the candidates and put a poll on the site so readers can vote for their favorites.
The winner receives this fabulous prize package:
- An MGoShirt of their choosing.
- A copy of Hail To The Victors 2008 (2007 book link).
- A single MGoWish that can be redeemed for anything reasonable of the winner's choosing: a post that addresses a specific topic, increased coverage of something or another, or increased emphasis on a particular technical task.