MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2006



Hello, readers. I've been frustratingly stuck on blogspot, as my URL is owned by the folks at UMGoBlue.com and they have decided not to relinquish it. Thus I can't move to Wordpress and do some fancy things I'd like to. I've also been kicking around the idea of creating awesome wiki stuff for things like recruiting and/or media. All this takes time and administration and stuff like that, time I could be using to make words.

So when ArmchairGM was all like "we're looking for affiliates" and I was like "can we get some RSS stuff going that I can incorporate onto my sidebar" and they were all like "you betcha," a deal was struck. ArmchairGM is the official wiki of MGoBlog and I'm their official Michigan affiliate and such. As soon as I can get the time together, there will be a redesign and a dual-sidebar look. I'll put together a widget that takes the latest posts from articles posted at ArmchairGM tagged with the "MGoBlog Reader" category. If you've been to a SBNation site, the general idea is to roughly approximate their diary functionality. So that will be cool.

The other thing ArmchairGM can serve as is a general repository of Michigan sports history. They've set up a page on Michigan football with links to each year of the programs existence, waiting for users to fill in the details. Eventually I hope we can drill down to specific games, add in all the video clips that are popping up on youtube, IBFC, and here, link to photos, and create a central repository for the history of Michigan football. Which will be flippin' sweet.

So: action items for you if you're interested in participating:

  • Register at ArmchairGM.
  • Add {{MGoBlog Reader}} to your personal profile by clicking on the "My Page" button after you log in.
  • Tag opinions you write with the "MGoBlog Reader" category.
  • Edit away.
I figure a good place to start is 1997.

Until I get the auto-magic working on the sidebar, if you post something you think is of interest email me (mgoblog@gmail.com) and find your way into a Voracity or somethin'.

0 Comments: