MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2007



Could Alex Legion become the world's first commit/decommit/recommit/ decommit/re-recommit? If you had asked me yesterday, I would have said no way. Today, though? Maybe. I imagine that Mark Synder was increasingly giddy as his interview with Alex Legion's mom progressed. In place of bland, noncommittal quotes Synder was delivered a heaping helping of Adam West Batman-worthy exlamations. POW!
"I want to make it clear, Tim Green is not part of this process," Williams said Tuesday. "I'm tired of him trying to persuade my son against the University of Michigan and his family."
BIFF!
"I've been quiet for four years, but Tim Green does not speak for my son, and I'm tired of him trying to make decisions for my son," Williams said.
CRUNCH!
"Mr. Green wants my son to go to Connecticut or UCLA, but my son will go to neither institution."
Mrs. Williams forthrightness is amazing confirmation of all the dark rumblings going on about Legion's "handlers" that have been kicking around message boards for weeks, nay, months. I had written Legion off as soon as he asked out of his LOI, but since Williams has to sign any LOI her son wants to submit Michigan has a fighting chance.
"I really like what I'm hearing about Beilein," she said. "I really want to thank coach Keener, who has talked very positively about my son to coach Beilein. We just needed to get rid of Tim Green."
(ZAP!) Legion will visit Michigan and a few other places, including (yuck) Kentucky. The lists floating around yesterday -- UConn, Kansas, UCLA, UK -- appear to be sourced by Green and should not be given credence. This is beginning to rival the whole Houston Nutt thing.

0 Comments: