MGoBlog has moved. The new site can be found at MGoBlog.com

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

CFN still thinks that Braylon should be #1... mostly. Jeffri Chadiha on CNNSI has a tidbit about Jackson in a story on the "Five People You'll Meet On Draft Day" (weird Albom reference? You make the call). iBlog For Cookies has a Michigan draft-stock summary that I believe to be accurate, though I think that some GM will see Shazor in a good light and grab him somewhere in the second.

And something almost draft related, but not really. An emailer to Peter King asks thusly:

"When it comes to quarterbacks --watching film, working them out, giving them intelligent tests --that's all good. The one question I'd ask is, when your team is down by six with two minutes left in the game, who is going to lead you down the field? What team over the last couple of years has been in that situation and been successful? That's who I would go with.''

Amen. This leads to discussion of Brady vs. Tim Rattay and Spurgeon Wynn, which of course favors Brady. My personal memory of Brady was formed around the Penn State game, the Alabama Orange Bowl, even that Plaxico Burress MSU game we lost but were charging back at the end of. Brady was stone cold killing people in incredible pressure-cooker situations with nary a flutter. That's a quality you don't find in many quarterbacks. The ones you do--Montana, Elway, Brady--well, you remember them. Anyone like that in this draft? No. At least not someone who looks like they're first pick material. Both guys look more like Cade McNown than Brady. BE, maddening though he may be, is the closest thing to a lock this draft has.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Just noticed that you got the Firefox issue figured out. Glad that I won't have to take the extra 1.2 seconds to scroll down to get to the newest content!

Anonymous said...

Good point on Brady. I was at the Burress game rooting for the other team (long story, but I'm on the right side now). When they put in Henson, I couldn't believe my eyes and at some point I leaned over to my dad and said that I hoped that they didn't put Brady back in again. If the game had gone about two minutes longer I think that we would be talking about the Tom Brady game and not the Plaxico Burress game.

yao said...

yes, i want my 1.2 seconds back!

Anonymous said...

Funny you mentioned Spurgeon Wynn - he was traded to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers today, bumping Jarius Jackson up to 3rd string on the British Columbia Lions....